The GP Model Contract
The BMA's Model Contract for Salaried GPs refers to a 'salaried general practitioner', and so includes the following employed GP:
- salaried GP who undertakes special interest work (a GPwSI)
- GP Retainee (FAQs available here)
- Flexible Career Scheme GP
- Returner Scheme GP
- salaried GP employed to work out-of-hours.
The model contract applies to these doctors if they are;
- employed by a GMS (General Medical Services) contract on or after 1st April 2004
- employed by a PMS (Personal Medical Services) practice that has signed the NHSE Standard Personal Medical Services Agreement 2015/16 and started their employment on or after July 2015.
Salaried GPs and GP Registrars - guidance on terms & conditions
Subscribers to the FPM website can access a model Contract of employment for salaried GPs in the HR index of the FPM policies and procedures library.
If you are not a member, have a look at the information about the benefits of membership and how to subscribe.