The Flexible Career Scheme (FCS) provides doctors with an opportunity to work flexibly within mainstream general practice while being supported in maintaining their careers.
It is applicable for a wide range of doctors, including:
- doctors who want to work less than 50% of full time
- doctors who want to take time out or cannot work full time, but wish to keep in touch with the profession
- doctors retired or semi-retired from the NHS, or those nearing retirement, who wish to continue working but at a different pace
- doctors currently not working who wish to return to practice and need a period of supervised work.
The FCS information line is 0845 60 60 345
The GP Returners Scheme
Benefits for GPs returning to the NHS include:
- salaried refresher training, tailored to individual needs
- flexible working options – return full time or part time
- even more choices – with the option of joining the flexible careers scheme
- advice and support on childcare