Business Manager – Wrexham North Wales
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications)
Closing date: 28th May 2021
Full Time – 37 hours p/w
Due to the retirement of our existing Business Manager, we are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Business Manager with strong leadership skills to join our well established and respected practice. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and highly motivated manager. We will also consider exceptional candidates who can demonstrate a sound knowledge of Primary Care from other backgrounds.
Plas-y-Bryn is a single site practice owned surgery in Wrexham in North Wales with a list of 13,500 patients, 11 GP’s (6 partners). We are supported by an excellent team of nurses, healthcare assistants, operational and administrative staff. We have an expanding team of allied health professions also including a clinical pharmacist, physiotherapist and social prescriber. Wrexham is located close to the Cheshire border with superb access to the North Wales countryside and coast including Snowdonia National Park.
Main duties of the job:
- Working collaboratively with the Partnership on strategic planning and practice development.
- Driving the practice's to achieve it's short term and long term goals in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- All aspects of finance including budgets and payroll
- Working collaboratively with the Health Board and Central Wrexham Cluster and take an active role in shaping the way forward.
- Proving guidance on HR, Health and Safety and Premises Management
- Managing, motivating and developing staff, HR, customer services, business management, IT and NHS operating systems.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive business management experience with management qualification.
- Degree Level Education or Equivalent Experience
- Have experience in HR, team leadership, premises management, and Health and Safety.
- Have strong experience in finance, including working with budgets and payroll.
- Have excellent communication skills and an ability to work with a wide range of individuals, groups, and organisations.
- Be self-motivated, flexible, and extremely organised.
- Manage change effectively, promoting the benefits where necessary
In addition to our competitive salary we offer a range of employee benefits including:
- Membership of the contributory NHS Pension Scheme
- Funded training with learning and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave entitlement