- Posted Monday August 12, 2013
As a leading insurance provider for GPs in the UK, Towergate MIA knows that running a surgery can be challenging and demanding. Add to this the increasingly litigious environment we live in, and it’s even more likely you’ll need to call on your insurance.
Claims have the potential to cause serious financial damage, but damage can be minimised by ensuring you have the right cover in place. Access to specialist advice is critical in helping you take a proactive approach to selecting cover for your surgery. Here are some things that you should consider when taking out surgery insurance.
- Building and contents – Are you covered for both? If there was accidental damage to your premises, would you be protected?
- Unforeseen and unwelcomed business interruptions - If there was a power cut and your prescription drugs had to be destroyed as a result, would your insurance cover you to replace these? Other examples of unforeseen businesses interruptions include damage to supplies, electricity, gas, water, telecommunications services, outbreaks of human infectious or contagious disease or formal investigations.
- Business liabilities - such as employer’s liability and public liability should your staff or patients have an accident on your premises.
- Legal protection – ensure you are covered for employment disputes, contract disputes, and tax protection and investigation.
- Loss recovery – having a loss assessor working for you to assess material damage could be valuable in a time of crisis.
These are just a few key areas you should take into consideration when shopping around for your surgery insurance. Towergate MIA is pleased to offer exclusive discounts to members of First Practice Management*:
- 10% off specialist surgery insurance
- 20% off specialist locum insurance to help you deal with staff absence
- 10% off specialist Home insurance specifically designed for medical professionals
If you already have a policy with Towergate MIA, we are also able to offer a multi-policy discount.
If you have any questions or require advice in regards to your surgery insurance, Towergate MIA would be delighted to help. Please call us on 0800 013 7777 or visit http://www.towergateinsurance.co.uk/care-and-medical/
*Please note discounts are only applicable to members of First Practice Management that are direct customers of Towergate MIA in Stevenage. We reserve the right to withdraw this discount at anytime without prior notice. Towergate MIA and Towergate Insurance are trading names of the Towergate Underwriting Group Limited. Registered in England No. 4043759. Registered address: Towergate House, Eclipse Park, Sittingbourne Road, Maidstone, Kent ME14 3EN. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.