- Posted Monday April 22, 2013
Northern Irish GP Practices were officially informed on 3rd April that an agreement had been reached between NIGPC and DHSSPSNI regarding the 2013/14 GP GMS contract.
The key points of the GMS contract update are:
- 1.5% increase in pay and expenses.
- Agreement not to remove MPIG (Minimum Practice Income Guarantee).
- The number of indicators whose thresholds will be increased has reduced from 23 to 13. The domains affected are CHD, diabetes, COPD, BP, stroke and CKD).
- 83 organisational points will be discontinued and the extra funding released by this will be redirected towards GSE (Global Sum Equivalent).
- QOF point value to be increased so that an extra £3.5million will be earned by practices (based on previously projected performance).
It was also agreed that the Northern Irish Assembly proposal for mandatory annual health checks would not be carried through and review dates would remain at 12 months.
NIGPC now feel that this agreement enables GP's to engage with Transforming Your Care and GP's are being strongly encouraged to sign up to the NI LES for Integrated Care Partnerships.
Nicola Cummings is the First Practice Management Regional Representative for Northern Ireland. She is Practice Manager of Banbridge Group Surgery which comprises 3 GP Practices, 12 GPs and has a patient list of almost 20,000. She previously worked for the Out of Hours Service and as a Lay Magistrate. She is currently Chairperson of the local Practice Managers’ Association.