First Practice Management
- Posted Tuesday May 21, 2013
Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare Approved Code of Practice (L24) -consultation launched
Following an initial consultation in June 2012, it was agreed by the HSE board that a number of Approved Code of Practices (ACOPs) would be revised in line with the recommendation by Professor Ragnar Löfstedt in his report ‘Reclaiming health and safety for all’.
A revised version of the Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare ACOP is now available for consultation. Changes include:
- Simplifying the language to clarify what duty holders must do to comply with the Workplace Regulations
- Updating the publication to include the provisions of the Miscellaneous Amendment Regulations 2002
- Improving guidance and reference to the most up-to-date and relevant standards of advice
- Removing out-of-date duties and requirements that are superseded by new regulations
The consultation period will run from 7th May to 30th July 2013.