FPM Practice Staff Recruitment Service
First Practice Management offer a comprehensive practice staff recruitment service to help practices with the recruitment of assistant practice managers, finance managers and HR managers. Our recruitment consultants are based throughout the UK.
Over the last ten years First Practice Management (FPM) has successfully recruited hundreds of primary care managers throughout the UK. We offer a first-class practice staff recruitment service to assist practices in appointing the best candidate from identifying the need, through to the new person being appointed and starting work. The idea is to leave the partners or practice manager free to define the sort of person they want and concentrate on selecting the best person to appoint, while leaving FPM to organise the whole process. One of the unique points of the interview process which we offer is that all candidates are brought to interview at the same time. In that way the partners or practice manager can compare not only the candidate against the vacancy, but also each candidate against each of the others.
- Our recruitment consultants are based throughout the UK
- Specialist recruitment consultants experienced in general practice
- Fully inclusive end to end service
- Hundreds of successful recruitment projects delivered
- Service guarantee
Contact us on 0333 240 4010 - free, no obligation telephone consultation
“We were delighted with the efficient support we received, guiding us through a very thorough recruitment process and ensuring that we stayed on target regarding our timescale for recruitment. Advertising through the FPM network we were pleased with the variety and range of applicants; received good advice and help regarding short listing whilst ultimately the decision was ours. Compared to previous recruitments the whole process was fun”
Dr Georgina Haslam, a 9 partner practice in Bingley
Ruth Long, FPM Recruitment Consultant
- Hundreds of practices recommend the FPM recruitment service
“The service First Practice Management (FPM) have given this practice has been excellent. Thanks for your helpful, professional and approachable service. We have a good feeling that we have an excellent person in post and I am very optimistic for the future of the practice."
Dr Richard Sewell, a 10 partner practice in Carnforth, Lancashire
Read more customer testimonials
“We had an unexpected vacancy at a time when the partners were under considerable pressure. FPM made it all so easy for us as partners and made the process very professional for the candidates enhancing our reputation. Money very well spent and the guarantee is a bonus.”
Dr Peter Holden, from a 4 partner practice in Matlock
Our recruitment consultants are hand-picked specialists who have experience of working in practice management. Backed up by the FPM administration team, the consultant works with the partners to provide advice and help at every stage. Advice is based on our considerable experience in this specialist field and includes guidance on terms and conditions of employment, the legal implications of recruitment and selection such as avoiding discrimination, and best employment practice.
Detailed outline of the FPM practice staff recruitment service for assistant practice managers, finance managers and HR managers
- Initially one of our recruitment consultants will contact the practice to get a good understanding of the practice, the way it works and the sort of person the practice is looking for. The recruitment consultant will also:
- Provide guidance on the job description and person specification
- Consider accountability, support and managing arrangements for the person to be recruited (including identifying which member of the practice team will be primarily responsible for the induction and management of the new manager)
- Give guidance on appropriate terms and conditions, in particular salary level and benefits
- Give advice on best recruitment practice, including avoiding any form of discrimination
- Although the practice will be responsible for making the arrangements for advertising FPM will provide assistance, including a draft advertisement.
- Prepare information about the practice, the person sought, and the post (this information will be sent to everyone who responds to the adverts)
- Receive and log all applications and summarise these onto a spreadsheet for ease of assessment. Forward the spreadsheet and the applications to the relevant members of the practice team for shortlisting. FPM will provide help and support to the practice with short listing.
- Organise and be present at an interview process at the surgery which takes the form of a half-day session. The half day process will include:-
- Short listed candidates meeting members of the practice
- The candidates working together on a scenario relevant to the specific role (FPM will provide scenarios)
- Individual interviews with members of the practice team (FPM will provide sample questions)
- Individual tests for all the candidates relevant to the specific role (FPM will provide relevant tests)
- At the end of the session the recruitment consultant will facilitate discussions to select the best candidate for the position.
- Give advice on the construction of the offer, on making the offer and obtaining confirmation of acceptance
- Provide a draft offer letter for the practice to use / adapt
- Provide a template letter for the practice to use to request references for the successful candidate
- Provide notes for the partners to use / adapt to prepare the induction programme for the new manager
- During the first few months of employment, keep in touch with the practice and the new manager and ensure that he / she are settling in satisfactorily.
Why choose FPM's practice staff recruitment service?
At FPM we understand general practice and the roles and responsibilities of assistant practice managers, finance managers and HR managers. Over the years we have overseen the appointment of hundreds of primary care managers. Existing primary care managers and people outside the NHS who are seeking a career in practice management, come to us when looking for a job in primary care management, and we receive dozens of quality applicants for each post we advertise.
Practices that have used our service have found the support and advice invaluable, and many have recommended the service to colleagues - practice staff recruitment service testimonials.
What does the FPM practice staff recruitment service cost?
A considerable amount of work goes into providing the comprehensive service outlined above. Our recruitment consultants (who are all current or former practice managers) will put in many days work on each project. We provide all the services described above for a fixed fee of £1,950 + VAT.
If you are interested in our practice staff recruitment service, please contact us using our enquiry form or call us on 0333 240 4010.
The consultant starts by visiting the practice and meeting the partners to help assess the needs of the job. The consultant is then able to create a comprehensive practice profile, job description and personal specification. A suitable advert is agreed and placed in the appropriate advertising media, as well as on our website. Enquiries are handled and details sent to interested applicants. After the closing date, the CVs and covering letters are provided to the practice together with a summary overview of all the applicants. The consultant then works with the partners to short-list, organise the venue and run a two-day interviewing process including providing tools and techniques to assist the selection process. This allows the partners not to have to worry about the organisation of the interviews but to focus on selecting the best applicant for the job. On going advice and help are also provided, such as a sample offer letter and taking up references.
“We have been highly impressed with the well structured, far reaching and sophisticated recruitment process that First Practice Management afforded us. It allowed us to recruit a more rounded and high calibre candidate than we otherwise would have procured. The process itself was seamless with FPM doing the vast majority of the high level of organisation involved, and the interview process itself was orchestrated like a well run military campaign. We highly recommend this process and will use FPM again”
Dr Irvine, a three partner practice in Portsmouth
“I second the views on the process. It went extremely well and was enjoyable – I didn’t think that would ever be the case!!”
Dr Andrew Jackson, a 9 partner practice in Bingley