The Hurley Group is an NHS organisation that runs a number of GP practices, walk in and urgent care centres within the M25 area. We have been providing patient-centred care since 1969, working within some of the UK’s most deprived communities.
Senior Practice Operations Manager Post
We have an opportunity for a dynamic, proactive Senior Practice Operations Manager to lead our enthusiastic practice team. This is a key role and the successful candidate will be responsible for leading on practice strategy, finance, and operations.
The successful applicant will be required to work across three sites based in Harold Wood and other Hurley Group practices within East London.
We are looking for an accomplished, versatile, and highly organised person with appropriate experience to join our management team, providing daily management and leadership for a GP Practice and Walk-In Centre.
The applicant should be able to work well in a team and look to continue to develop the practice to maintain and improve the high quality of care we deliver while maximising the finances of the practice.
The person appointed will be appropriately qualified and have outstanding leadership, HR and organisational skills with a head for business and finance, and a heart for people and professionalism. In addition, a background of good written and spoken English and Maths will be essential. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to respond effectively to constant change within the NHS will be essential.
We will be looking for a proven track record of motivation and effective management, and IT literacy. Knowledge of premises management and development would also be an advantage. A primary care background is desirable. The post holder will work closely with the Lead GP’s and Regional Manager to ensure smooth, safe and efficient running of the practice while maintaining a high standard patient centred service.
Supported by an assistant, administrative and clinical teams, and the Hurley Group Senior Management Team you will also have the vision, willingness and drive to adapt to NHS targets and changes within a profitable, efficient working environment.
* 7600 patients in an urban population in Harold Wood, Essex
* APMS Practice
* Co-located Walk in Centre with a branch site in South Hornchurch
* EMIS Web
* Adastra or the Walk in Centre
* CQC rated Good
* Active role in CCG work and federated working
* High achieving QOF and high standards of clinical governance
* Supported by The Hurley Group Partnership and Senior Management Team
* Previous Management experience in the NHS/Primary Care
* Ability to lead and inspire a talented team of clerical and clinical staff
* The ability to multitask and organise effectively
* Excellent communication & team working skills
* Sound budget management
* Excellent IT skills
* Effective problem solving and management capacity
* Adaptability and flexibility within the current NHS environment
* Experience with EMIS/ Adastra
* Understanding of CQC requirements
* Knowledge of the implications relating to Primary Care legislation and national NHS policy
Salary £37,153 - £47,768 per annum.
Working 40 hours per week over 5 days.
Closing date: 22nd February 2019 at 5pm
Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates on 6th March 2019.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to make a short 10 minute presentation to the interview panel
Please send your CV and Covering letter to Lamccg.firstname.lastname@example.org